Criccieth

The place to discuss layouts, kits, modifications, exhibitions, etc.

Re: Criccieth

Postby Graham » Wed May 02, 2018 4:33 pm

Hi Alan

Starting from the point that there is always something for me to learn and I could never have enough information, I have collected a fair amount over the years. I first took photos of the station in the 1970's, again in the 1990's, and have been back a number of times since, most recently last year. I have a few books with Criccieth photos in. I've also collected photos from some other sources. I have some pictures taken from the castle although I will have to check whether mine show Wigan coal - this is new information to me. I have at least one photo that claims to be from the castle but isn't, it was taken from Dinas. The angle of the shot is wrong for the castle. I have photos of the metal shed (on the back siding) that was used for animal feed but haven't yet found out when it was erected. I only have a couple of photos that show the Maes crossing, more information on that would be welcome.

I have studied various old maps and measured the platforms & the main station building. You are right, any accurate model would be long and thin, whether I will get the space to avoid any significant compression of length remains to be seen.

I believe there was a slaughterhouse south of the railway to which sheep were herded to from the pens, but I need to find out more about this.

I'm currently compiling a list of questions that I need to try and answer.

Any info that you are able to help me with would be welcome.

Regards
Graham
Regards
Graham
Graham

Re: Criccieth

Postby Graham » Sat May 12, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi Alan

I've sent you a PM. Posted here as PM may have gone into spam again.
Regards
Graham
Graham

Previous

Return to Modelling Welsh Railways