Theoretical Welsh Network

The contemporary Railway scene in Wales.

Re: Theoretical Welsh Network

Postby spencer pugh » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:07 pm

JohnG.
I owe you an apology. Having checked my network more carefully I now realise that Bynea and Llangennech should be on the circle line! Back to the drawing board!
spencer pugh

Postby spencer pugh » Thu May 04, 2017 2:58 pm

Updated to version2.
With thanks to Rod and JohnG for their feedback and interest.
Attachments
00 - Network [LU] - 1704-28.pdf
(174.54 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
spencer pugh

Postby TheObserver » Sat May 06, 2017 7:40 am

spencer pugh wrote:John,
My “Circle Line” proposal uses the SDL line to link Briton Ferry with Llanelli [the junctions at the western end are Morlais East Junction? and Morlais South Junction?] and proposes Llandarcy as a “through station” to serve both Neath and Swansea thus avoiding the cul-de-sac of Swansea High Street.
I am still researching the Landore route as a part of my proposed “North Gower” line. Finding information on the levels of the various trackbeds and whether it is feasible to link them to Llandarcy is the current challenge. It keeps me out of mischief !

Whilst catching up on this thread I have realised that I had previously missed the significance of your comment about the Landore Loop, as can be seen from this Google Map image, but you will need to zoom in to get a better view, the Landore loop is a single track running to the immediate west of the Landore Depot. I have no Civil Engineering knowledge so it would be remiss of me to comment in depth on the potential to double the track at this location. Although to my untrained eye, it would look a touch 'iffy.
John :: TheObserver
Swansea, South West Wales

Swansea Railway Modellers Group: http://www.smrg.org.uk
TheObserver

Previous

Return to Welsh Railways today